It’s no secret that I love a good DIY project so when Buddy and I moved to the new farm, we knew we wanted to get a new bed…and try making our own headboard! We upgraded to a King-sized bed after sleeping on a queen that was almost older than the two of us combined (NOT good for the spinal column)!
We started researching tutorials and the most comprehensive one we found was a this one by “Kim’s Upholstery” on YouTube. She is SO legit and there is a series of videos that shows everything step-by-step.
Here’s a little peek at how we made our new headboard…we started with a paper outline with the shape we wanted. Then, we taped it to the wall to make sure we liked how it looked.
I was in charge of making the buttons…it’s super easy with these kits!Then Buddy cut out the wood templateWe used spray adhesive to glue the foam to the wood (we used two layers of foam).Then came the late-night tufting…we stayed up until 1 in the morning (super late for us non-college students) just so we could finish! It got REALLY tedious treading the needle a million times! This was definitely the part of the project where we decided this would be the first and last tufted headboard we ever make! 🙂 Here’s the final product…it’s definitely not perfect, but we’re happy with the way it turned out!…and because it’s DONE!Happy Tufting!